According to an announcement by ACA International, the association's Council of Delegates has elected five ACA members to the Board of Directors. This occurred on Sunday, July 16 as part of the 2017 Convention & Expo in Seattle.
Joining the board for three-year terms are:
- Albert Cadena, president and CEO of USCB America in Los Angeles, Calif.
- G. Scott Purcell, president of Professional Credit Service in Springfield, Ore.
Individuals re-elected to another term are:
- Mike Frost, chief legal officer and general counsel at The CBE Group Inc. in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Jim Richards, chairman of Capio Partners in Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Roger Weiss, IFCCE, chief operating officer at CACi in St. Louis, Mo.
The newly elected Board of Directors held its first meeting later in the day Sunday, where the group elected Jack W. Brown III as ACA’s president-elect. Brown is president of Gulf Coast Collection Bureau Inc., of Sarasota, Fla. Meanwhile, the board elected Weiss as the new treasurer.
The ACA Council of Delegates, elected by the units and divisions, represents constituencies and has the primary responsibility of electing the ACA Board of Directors. The Council of Delegates will hold its next meeting July 23, 2018, at the ACA International Convention & Expo in Nashville, Tenn.
ACA’s Board of Directors governs the property, affairs, activities and concerns of the association. The board consists of 15 voting members with staggered terms, plus the CEO and past president as nonvoting members.