SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Against all odds, the Receivables Management Association International held its 2021 Annual Conference in Las Vegas, April 12-15, 2021. With more than 500 in-person attendees and more than 150 virtual attendees, leaders from RMAI capitalized on the event by honoring an outstanding member and RMAI’s executive director.
RMAI awarded the President’s Award to Kino Financial Co., LLC, President, Amber Russo.
In 2017, RMAI created the President’s Award which recognizes an individual for outstanding contributions and services to the association and membership. The award goes to someone serving on an RMAI Committee who is selected because of their contribution to committee goals and their innovative ideas helping further the success of RMAI.
This year, RMAI presented the President’s Award to Amber Russo. When faced with the need to change course and innovate, she champions the effort enthusiastically with tireless dedication ensuring success. Her efforts paid dividends as she co-chaired two successful virtual silent auctions that raised record donations for the RMAI Legislative Fund. In addition to being a member of the Fundraising Committee, Amber also served on the Editorial & Social Media Committee.
Kino Financial joined RMAI in 2019 and has been actively involved in RMAI since day one. Amber is a Certified Receivables Compliance Professional and Kino Financial Co., LLC is a Certified Debt Buying Company.
Bud Reitzel Award
In a closely guarded secret, the RMAI Board of Directors awarded the Bud Reitzel Lifetime Commitment Award, the industry’s highest recognition, to RMAI’s Executive Director, Jan Stieger.
RMAI created the Reitzel Award to recognize an individual for outstanding leadership and dedication in the receivables management industry who has demonstrated, over many years of service, the ideals that Bud so firmly believed in. Jan joined RMAI in 2011. Through her leadership, she has overseen the complete transformation of RMAI from an organization operated by an association management company to one of the most dynamic and respected organizations within the receivables management industry. Among Jan’s many accomplishments over the past decade:
- The development of a robust state and federal government advocacy program, which has not only protected the industry but has driven significant policy changes at the same time. Since 2011, RMAI has been successful in over 95 percent of its advocacy efforts.
- Launching and the continued enhancement of the Receivables Management Certification Program from a program originally focused on debt buying companies to a highly valued program that benefits the entire receivables industry, by providing significant operational controls and consumer protections contained in rigorous and uniform industry standards of best practice. Originators looking for a single compliance footprint only need to look at RMAI certified debt buyers, collection agencies, collection law firms, brokers, and process servicers.
- Expanding RMAI’s education and networking experiences from RMAI’s Annual Conference and Executive Summit to regional events such as this September’s Advocacy Training and Baseball Ball Night in Atlanta, GA.
- Rebranding the association in 2017 from DBA International to RMAI with an expanded focus on secondary market opportunities and RMAI certification, both of which continue to grow RMAI’s footprint today.
- Successfully led RMAI through the many challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the issues faced by the industry as well as our membership in 2020, RMAI is now in its fourth straight year of membership growth.
About Receivables Management Association International
Receivables Management Association International (RMAI) is a nonprofit trade association representing more than 570 companies that purchase or support the purchase of performing and nonperforming receivables on the secondary market. The RMAI Receivables Management Certification Program and Code of Ethics set the global standard within the receivables industry due to the rigorous uniform standards of best practice that focus on protecting consumers. More information about RMAI is available at www.rmaintl.org.